Sunday, June 19, 2011

Majolica Majorca Skin Remaker Pore Cover

Hi there readers! Today, I'm going to talk about the Japanese make-up brand called, "Majolica Majorca." It's the drugstore brand of Shiseido, but I'm telling you, it's not that cheap.

I've been waiting for this brand for a long time to come to the Philippines! I first heard about it in my poupee account and later on, Ms. Liz Lanuzo of Project Vanity made a post last April (I think) that Majolica Majorca's coming to the Philippines! Just imagine my surprise! I've been lusting for these stuff for quite some time then my wish just comes true! So I guess, Majolica Majorca's catchphrase "Fulfills your wishes" is true enough!

So now, I'm going to talk about my first Majolica Majorca purchase. It's called the "Skin Remaker Pore Cover." In other words, it's the powder foundation of Majolica Majorca.



This is the case of the Skin Remaker Pore Cover! It's so beautiful! The case is actually the reason why I was compelled to buy this product! Just look at the logo of Majolica Majorca embossed on it and the design! It's something that I'm proud of like I sometimes have this urge to retouch in public just so I could show off this thing! But that's not likely to happen since I only use powder when retouching... Anyway, I think this case speaks for itself.


But, beauty comes at a high price ya know. The case alone costs P450.00 already, WITHOUT the Skin Remaker Pore Cover set!


So this is the Skin Remaker Pore Cover. In simpler terms, this is the famous foundation product of Majolica Majorca. I don't remember the name or code of the exact shade that I got, but I think that it's the third one from the darker shades... Something with beige on it. There's been a lot of good reviews on it so I really wanted to try it out! It apparently works well especially in terms of minimizing the appearance of your pores to give you a 'porcelain doll- like' skin.



If you think that the case is already pricey, then just look at the price of this powder foundation! A refill costs almost P900.00! But, it has more content than other powder foundations. It has 10 grams whereas the usual powder foundation only has 7.5 grams. But, is it worth the price? Wait for my verdict below!


This is what it looks like inside, with the Remaker Skin Pore Cover refill and the sponge inside. It fits quite snugly, but do ensure that you hear a 'click' sound when you're putting the refill inside so that it would'n fall down or something. The sponge is the usual sponge with its usual artificial scent so I suggest that you wash it first before you use it. The most surprising part however is the mirror! It doesn't offer a vague image at all! It offers a clear peek so I guess it's a plus for this product. It's also wide so you don't have to squint or move it around so much just so you could have a look at all angles of your face. All in all, this whole set costs P1345.00.

So now, let's go look at some pictures. Just a warning though, I'll show some close up shots of my face and my big pores (from my chickenpox incident and too-much-pricking-ritual). I summed up a lot of courage to do this! 


So this is how my face looks like without any base and without any foundation. I have quite a lot of blemishes because of spending too much time under the sun without sunblock and because of too much pricking. I just become so OC sometimes... 


This is how my face looks like with a little Skin Remaker Pore Cover applied. I don't know if its noticeable in this picture, but my face looks a little less bumpy especially on the left side. My right side however with its large pores and remnants of chicken pox need a little bit more coverage or so I think. Concealer perhaps or more powder?


So again, this is what I look like WITHOUT the product.


And this is how I look like with a sheer coverage of the Skin Remaker Pore Cover.

So, what's my verdict? I'm in love with the packaging and the casing. I'm in love with the service that the Majolica Majorca salesperson dished out! But, I only like this Skin Remaker Pore Cover product; I'm not in love with it. Why you ask? First off, it's pricey for a drugstore brand. Second, I tried experimenting with it. After three+ hours, I already became a little bit oily. Third, I don't think it did a good job at covering all of my pores (though I have to admit that some of my pores are really just hopeless, but still... One have expectations right?) I guess, I just found the perfect foundation for my oily/combination skin so this product just fell short of my expectation. It's just that it had a better contender.

So, would I buy it again? For this year, no. I'll wait when I have a higher salary. Initially, I wanted to buy the Jeweling Eyes set of Majolica Majorca, but since the sales lady was so persuasive and so nice, I was compelled to buy this. I also wanted it to quell my curiosity. So now I know. I'll probably stick to buying eyeshadow sets.


But I'm not disappointed or anything! Especially when I have this gorgeous pouch freebie! You get it when you buy 1,000+ worth of Majolica Majorca purchase.


This is what it looks like inside. It has a satin hot pink cover inside, which is really girly. I usually stray from stuff like this, but since it's Majolica Majorca.... I like it!





2 comments: